Sunday, August 30, 2015

Famous Last Words of Week 1

I read the first two chapters of Financial Institutions Management and Bank Management & Financial Service this weekend.  They are required by my professor. I understand reading boring stuffs is painful, but I finished reading them and I did have a better view of banking system.

My best writing for this week is in this class. A main reason for this is my other courses are focusing on problems solving or logic thinking; they have little writing requirement but a lot of critical thinking and analysis practices. I think my best writing is the Introduction post. I introduced myself and my home country. Moreover, I write about my favorite city and my favorite food (a lot!). This introduction actually gives me another view of myself; I found I changed a lot during 3 years’ study in the US. My culture background allows me to think about things in at least two different ways. A mixed experience from two cultures can generate various results. This is my treasure.

The rest of my classes are all running smoothly. The Intermediate Accounting II is still a challenge for me since I am not good at accounting, but I will practice a lot and try to get an A. This is the last accounting course that I am required to take; I am so happy about this. Another under control course is the Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory. I am very good at economic courses though I am not an economy major guy. I have the ability to refine the given information and transfer it into models, which can help people to solve real life problem much more easily. The International Financial Management is a very informative class; I found it can be hard to keep up with professor’s thought. I am currently working on the first assignment. One very hard course is the Commercial Banking; our professor wants us the do a very real simulation and the textbooks are somewhat deep for me. But I think I can make efforts to get it through. The Social Media Marketing and the Epics of India courses are two very interesting courses. I use the time between my courses to finish Epics of India course homework. I really learned a lot from the posts. The Social Media Marketing is fantastic as well; we keep discussing during class time; as a new course, we are like testers, so we explored a lot with our professor.




I am currently applying for a job in the Housing and Food Services. This will be a busy but engaged semester. Challenge accepted!

5 comments:

  1. Youhao,
    I really liked how you reflected on your years spent here in the USA. My favorite part was when you said "This is my treasure." I know that I don't know you, but I can assure you that after you experience from studying abroad, you're not the same person! I admire the fact that you stepped out of your comfort zone to study in another country. You have faced challenges that the majority of the people in our generation wouldn't dare to accept. Good luck on your studies! I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Youhao!

    I really enjoyed reading this post! Amid all of the craziness of busy schedules, it's so easy to forget to reflect. You seem to be extremely aware of the growing experiences that we're so lucky to get in college! :)

    I like how you chose to take this course as a way to get out of your comfort zone in your major! I have been considering taking some economics for the same reason, but I'm nervous! I'm inspired by your determination!

    I hope that your semester has been going wonderfully! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Youhao! I think it is so awesome you chose to study abroad. It is something I always wish I would have done during my time at OU, but seeing as this is my final class I guess it's too late for me. You seem very busy, but you also seem to know how to manage your time well! I loved the quote in the picture you included. That is something I need to keep reminding myself to stay motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Youhao,
    I can relate with you a lot! I have so many boring readings to do and this class is pretty much my relief. I am not a great writer, my grammer is messed up most of the times and my writing style is poor, however I love writing. And I am originally from India and I have noticed how much I have changed in part six years. I guess change is life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Youhao,
    I see at the end there that you said that you are applying for a job in housing and food. I used to work in housing and food and loved it. I worked at Couch Restaurants, the best thing about that was that I had endless availability to all of the food that was in there. And the perks of having a free meal didn't really hurt either!

    ReplyDelete