Sunday, August 30, 2015

Week 1 Curation

I have been using Chrome browser for over 5 years though Google does not exist in mainland of China; I used VPN to access Google and I felt no difference after the Great Firewall launched. As an old user, I have mastered how to use Chrome’s bookmark systems. I always bookmarked the sites that interested me. Folders are very important for classified management; I generally created a lot of subfolders to make my bookmarks neat. One important folder is the folder named expired; I did not deleted my collections because I wanted to know what I have done in the past years, so I moved all bookmarks that were no longer interest for me to the expired folder as memories.


My bookmark; Self-made pic

In this modern world, sharing is becoming more and more in the digital form because it is convenient, cheap, efficient, fast, and environmental friendly. One simple click on social media website can share thousands people the information they may interested in. This process takes only one second. And no trees need to be cut down and made into paper. I think traditional sharing ways, such as newspaper and magazines, are facing a war that they could not win.

One recommendation is Google Scholar search engine. This one is more focusing on academic resources, which is very useful for essay writing. Furthermore, citations are already done in the search engine; no more tricky citation rules need to be worried about.

No comments:

Post a Comment