Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Week 11 Storytelling: A Man In Dog


DAY 1

My name is Evan. I work in an IT company five days a week. My life is prosaic and I do not have a passion to find a girlfriend. I live with my dog Billy, and now I am a dog as well.

However I am actually a human whose soul is accidently swapped with my dog Billy.

It was a Monday morning; I woke up and found I was sleeping on the ground in the sitting-room.

“How could I?” I was very confused because I did remember I slept in my bedroom. Then I saw a man lied in front of me, watching me with his eyes wide with expectation of food.

“Wait! You are me! Do not lick me!” the man scared me and he was trying to lick me like my Billy does.

Billy, which is my dog in my body, was hungry. Suddenly he found the refrigerator and his instinct for food miraculously helped him to open the door.

“No, Billy. That is MY yogurt for breakfast!” I yelled to him but Billy stood up and ate my yogurt.

“Alas! My dog becomes me, and it eats my yogurt.” I was very upset. “My life is already hard, now it is even harder.”

“WAIT! Why am I thinking about yogurt? My current problem is why the hell I become a dog!” I quickly found the problem and forced me not to think like a dog.

DAY 2

I certainly did not go to work because I could not work in a dog body. I stayed in my house, thinking about how to switch back and playing with Billy. I must admit that the dog food tasted really good! I fed Billy with pasta and candy.

I tried to call my friends, asking them what to do if they become a dog. They could not help me because nobody became a dog before. Also I posted the question on Facebook and everybody thought I was insane or joking.

“It looks like I have to help myself as expected.” I was very frustrated.

“I still remember that Billy licked me once before I woke up.” I started thinking.

Then I tried to write; though my handwriting was horrible, people could read it.

“HELP! I BECOME A DOG!” I wrote this on paper and went out of my house with the paper in my mouth.

When I was walking on sideway, a rope unexpectedly looped my neck and I was caught by a masked gunman. He put me in a cage in his car and drove away.

“WTF! What is he doing? Why am I so unlucky?”

When I looked around and found there were several other cages in the car. I got a couple dog brothers in these cages. As I was thinking about how to communicate with them, a violent smash hit the car, and I lost consciousness for a while.

When I woke up, I found the cage was open. That was a fierce traffic accident. I jumped out of the car and found the car was burning.

“Damn it! I have to leave now because the car can explode at any moment.” I was running away very quickly because I did not want to die there. Moreover Billy still occupied my body. If I died here and my friends visit me, it would be a crazy thing I never wanted to think about.

I turned around when I thought I was at a safe distance. I was seeing a girl in another car; she was unconscious and bleeding on her head. I decided to save her because the girl in fact saved me from the man.

(to be continued)

Author’s Note:
My idea is from the 6th goblin from the TWENTY-TWO GOBLINS. In the original story, a woman mistakenly switched the heads of her husband and her brother. As a result she faces a problem that which man she should choose as her husband.

I picked the idea of switching, but I switch souls of a man and his dog. It would be really interest, so decided to write the story for up to four weeks.

Biography:

6 comments:

  1. This was a really strange story but so is the other one according to your author note. What prompted you to read this story? It was a good story overall. However, some of the flow didn't feel right because of the run on sentences and short fragments. These happen to the best of us but cleaning those up will help tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Youhao! So I think this is a great way to tell this story and I'm very impressed with the way that you framed it using the "Day 1" and "Day 2". I think it's very interesting and I haven't read this story yet, so that makes it even better! I think it would help a lot if you put your writing into something like Microsoft Word first before posting, that might help with your grammar and some missing words that are common when english is a second language, but great story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Youhao! I think that was a great story, it reminds me of that show "Wilfred" that they play of FX or something. I think you had a really good flow and did a good job of describing what would be going through someone's head who had just been turned into a dog. I also liked the modern twist of adding the Facebook inquiry. One thing I noticed was some trouble with "became" and "become". This is a very minor mistake. I think Briana's suggestion of writing it on Microsoft word is a great idea. Anyways, Great story Youhao!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Youhao, this was definitely an interesting story. I have read or even thought of this kind of a story where a person switches bodies with another animal. This is so clever. I liked how when they switched bodies, the dog in the man’s body still acted like a dog. The story definitely went for a crazy turn with the dog getting kidnapped. I’m definitely interested to see the next part of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Youhao, I love this story! This was so different from any other story I have read this semester, and I really enjoyed it. I like that you got so creative with it, and thought of something so outside of the box. I also like that you're doing a little series all based on this idea. What a great way to get people coming back to your blog! It was such an interesting take on a storytelling post, and I can't wait to read the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Youhao,
    So I'm reading this after reading your Week 12 story by the same name. This one made a little more sense to me. I found it creative and fun. It was a concept or something that I hadn't found in other stories that's for sure. Really enjoyed it and looking forward to your next installment of this tale if you will :)

    ReplyDelete