Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Week 12 Storytelling: A Man In Dog


Her car has been on fire. I have to get her out quickly or she may die for severe burns. Despite the fire was burning me, I jumped into the car from broken window and unfastened her seat belt. The door was hard to open, so I used my legs to force the door open.

Fortunately, Billy is a large dog and I feed him very well, otherwise I could not move this girl. We just ran away less than 50 yards, and the car is completely burned up. She looked okay, but a lot of my dog hair was burnt. When I touched my head, there was almost not hair on it. Fortunately, the skin did not burn and I thought animal hair grows very fast.

Ambulance soon came; the girl was carried to the ambulance. I was taken by a police car and we followed the ambulance to the hospital.

A nurse helped me a bath. After that I was waiting at the waiting area. Three hours later, the girl came out.

“Lucy, you only have couple minor burns. I already cleaned them and I think no additional treatment is needed,” said the doctor. “You dog saved you! If you stayed in the car, you probably won’t die but most of your skin would have to be replaced.”

“Wait, this is not my dog,” said Lucy confusedly. Then she hugged and said to me gratefully. “Thank you so much for saving me! Your hair burned a lot and you are still with me now!”

All of a sudden she noticed my collar.

 “Here is his address. We live very close. Shall we go home together? I have to thank your owner.” Lucy said happily.
I was shocked for her hug because I have never been hugged by a girl in my 26 years’ life. I suddenly came up with a thought.

“I do not want to be a human anymore!”

We went home together. When I approached my door, I realized that I could not let Lucy see Billy in human body. I quickly ran into my house through an open window and locked the door. Lucy knocked my door for a while and she left a letter of thanks.

Billy did not wear pants and he looked very upset. When I checked my fridge I found no food. I ordered a pizza for Billy for he was supposed to eat human food.

As the pizza order was on the road, I tried to comfort Billy in dog’s way. I licked Billy’s face and suddenly I realized that I returned in my own body.

“I am very hungry!” I yelled.

When pizza arrived, I gave the delivery man a very nice tip and started eating immediately. After dinner I recalled the moment I returned to my body and I found the area of my face I licked had a mole there.

“This mole is very suspicious,” I said to Billy. “Should I let you lick it again? No, forget it. What if I cannot switch back? I do not want to be a dog forever.”

I opened my Facebook and I wanted to share this with my friend. The old post was still laughed by many people. Then I found I got a private message.

“Before you became a dog, your dog must have licked your body. The place where the dog licked must have a mole. If you lick the mole again, you will become a human again. Reply if you want to know more. Or delete this message now for you safety.”


Author’s Note:

I write this story based on the 9th goblin I read from the TWENTY-TWO GOBLINS from this week. In the 9th goblin story, a beautiful girl wants to select one from three candidates as her husband. They all have a special talent in a career. In the end of the story, the King answers the goblin that the girl should choose the warrior as he likes warriors.


I want to add some hero trait to my character, so Evan saved the girl and accidently found why he became a dog. Then he will be involved in a series of peculiar incidences. 
My story will be continued next week. The following plot will be based on what I will read in TWENTY-TWO GOBLINS.

Biography:

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your story but I found it to be really hard to follow. I think you should mention earlier on that he was switched with his dog. I had to read it a second time before I realized what was going on. Also, I got confused when you stated that “I do not want to be a human anymore!” If he didn't want to be human, then why was he worried about turning back into a dog at the end? I think this story would be really good if it was better explained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Youhao,
    I had to read through your story a couple of times to slightly grasp it. From what I did understand, the story is quite entertaining, and could have very good potential if I had a little more background to each of the characters. Towards the end I sort of got what was going on but, maybe I need to read the story that inspired this one to understand a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Youhao,
    The story was very good but I also had to read it a couple times to fully understand where it was going. I think that if you had a more clear introduction into what was happening with each character it would be easier to follow along. Starting straight into the burning car scene confused me because I was unsure who was doing the saving and the one being saved. Overall, the story line seems very unique and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete