Monday, October 12, 2015

Reflections: Looking Back

Only when I checked my calendar did I realize that half semester has gone. If I spend the same amount time, this semester ends.

My storybook is the writing I most proud of. When I was facing the choice between portfolio and storybook, my first reaction was portfolio. Why should I choose harder choice as a foreign language already made writing hard? I however want to try something challengeable, something that I never did before. This is the only course I could write something; and the topics are highly flexible. I chose storybook finally because I wanted to create my own story thought it might be boring and childish. Moreover I know I cannot grow without those inevitable failures, which are already made by native speakers in their elementary and middle schools.

My favorite read is Bhishma’s whole life in the Mahabharata because Bhishma is a man with honor. Bhishma is a person who holds his oath during his life. He protects and helps his brothers. He made a great kingdom. Even though he faces a war that he dislikes, he fights to his death without hesitating. 

Honestly, I personally did not like those comment and feedback stuffs in this course. If I have the option to not comment, I will not. If the feedback is not about others’ blogs or sites, I will do them gladly. Reading others’ storytelling cannot give me pleasure; I like reading the reading assignments much better than reading my classmates’. I, no offense, want to read works that are more classical. It is appreciated that in this course I have the option to omit those. In the following half semester, I will do extra credit instead of commenting and feedback. Thanks to my professor, I can write what I like to. I like the project very much, so I will keep doing the project and revising it again and again.

I did most of this course in the library because I have a lot of time between two classes. Going home is a bad choice as I could not find a parking spot when I came back to school. I try to use those pieces of time to finish small topic; I usually did the project on Sunday since I want to take break on Friday and Saturday. My writing tool is Word and I like it very much for it convenient tools. I use Dropbox to save my work when I did homework on a public computer.

I really appreciated helps from professor.



No comments:

Post a Comment