Monday, September 14, 2015

Reading Diary A: Sita Sings the Blues

I did get a better understanding after I watched the film Sita Sings the Blues. Honestly, I skipped some poetry part of the Ramayana reading and only focused on the stories I was interested in. As a result, I must have missed some characters’ backgrounds and some other side plots that are important for the main story. I will write down some missing information I found today.

I only knew Ravana is an evil king, but I never know his evil conducts. From the film I know kidnapping Sita might be the only evil thing Ravana did. And his kingdom is running very well under his rule; people are rich and economy is good. I think his reputation was brought down after he was defeated; history is written by the victors.

Another story I did not learn from the reading is Sita was dropping her jewelry when she was kidnapped and sent to the Lanka City. I did not read about Sita a lot, so now I know Sita is a very smart woman. The rest story is the same as in my mind.
To sum up, I did not get too much new information for my project, but I think I can write a new story from Ravana’s view; a brilliant tyrant’s thought would be very interesting.
Sita in Jungle

No comments:

Post a Comment