Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Reading Diary B:Public Domain Mahabharata

It would be a special feeling to read a mighty hero fails in a war.

I read Bhishma's failure in sorrow because I did not expect to see Bhishma died in battleground. And the reason he failed is his enemies knew Bhishma’s vow and they took advantage of it. In my opinion, this is a brazen tactic. However I read about Bhishma have the fate to die on that day. It might be normal in the setting of the story, but I dislike it. I think Bhishma is the hero who can control his fate, fight against his fate, and twist his fate.

I would write my storytelling beginning with Bhishma found he broke his oath. I would say Bhishma was unwilling to stop attacking, but he finally accepted his fate. Bhishma let himself killed to fulfill his vow, and his soul return to heaven.

Image source: Bhishma Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment